blog template

February 23, 2011

Happy Birthday!

I was in need of a card for a co-worker and how nice that the challenge at Meljen's Designs is to create a birthday card.  For the challenge, the project must include a birthday sentiment.


For this card I used the Paper Craft Planet 100 member freebie.  I cut off the "Thank You" sentiment from the top of the image.  The sentiment was a recent freebie and can be found here on the blog.  I colored the image with alcohol ink markers.

I stamped a flower image to create a background on the top part of the card and used patterned paper for the bottom.  I mounted the image on spare foam leftover from trimming my rubber stamps.  That extra foam makes great dimensional dots! I added a flocked brad and ribbon from my stash.

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"
Lifestyle Crafts nesting circles & scallops



4 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

This is so darling! I love the soft color palette and the way you matted the image and tag!! Super cute work!

Anita said...

Absolutely adorable. Your coloring is so pretty and I love the papers you used. Thanks for joining in the Meljen's Designs Challenge this week.

Lisa said...

How adorable. Love the colors and layout! Thanks for joining the MelJen's challenge:)

Enfys said...

This is adorable Rae Ann, very pretty colouring and card design,
big hugs
Enfys