blog template

March 20, 2011

Friend

DeNami Design is sponsoring the challenge at The Play Date Cafe this week.  I hadn't played in their challenge before, so I thought I would take a look.  They had an awesome inspiration board of colors created by their senior design team member, Julie Ranae.  Once I saw those colors, I just had to play along!


Here is my card using the inspiration colors.



I couldn't get the center sentiment to show in the picture, so I took a close up of it.


I used the DeNami Design Decorative Flourish stamp to create my background using VersaMark ink.  I embossed a piece of Stampin' Up vanilla cardstock and wrapped it with some twine.  The friend sentiment was created by running a strip of paper through a Dymo label maker.  I added some handmade crocheted flowers with dew drop centers.

I plan on visiting The Play Date Cafe blog again!

Card measures 4.25" x 5.5" and opens from the bottom
Cuttlebug embossing folder-D'Vine Swirls
Dew Drops by The Robin's Nest
Lace trim from my stash


4 comments:

Fiona said...

Always love the addition of hand made crocheted flowers on a card Rae Ann! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week.

Jinny Newlin said...

Great use of white space, Rae Ann! And I'm lovin' all those scrumptious textures! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful take on the colors! You've added such wonderful texture and interest with your crochet flowers! Gorgeous! So glad you joined us this week-Welcome to the Play Date Cafe and we hope to see you again soon!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute card--love the layers of the colors and those beautiful crocheted flowers! LOVE your sentiment with the twine--so clever! LOVE! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!!!