blog template

April 2, 2011

Card Aisle Inspiraton

Like many people I used to love standing in the card aisle laughing and admiring the many styles of cards for sale.  Once I started making my own, I didn't visit as often.  Laurie at Soapbox Creations has challenged everyone to visit the card aisle once more for inspiration.  I didn't actually make it to the card aisle, but there was  box of cards for sale at work so I had a quick look through them.  As soon as I saw this card, I knew I had found my inspiration.


I loved all of the colors and the implied textures.  The card didn't actually have any texture or dimension at all.

This is my interpretation of the card.


I embossed each of the color panels with a different embossing folder.  I cut the stars on my cricut and embossed them as well.  I sponged ink over each of the stars to make the embossing stand out.  I cut the flourish using a die.  The sentiment is the Small Congratulations from DeNami Design.  I really enjoyed this challenge and will make sure to keep an eye out for inspiration when I am strolling down the card aisle.

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"
Cuttlebug Embossing folders:
    D'Vine Swirls
    Birds & Swirls
    Floral Fantasy
Stampin' Up embossing folder-Elegant Lines
Cricut George and Basic Shapes cartridge
BossKut Swirls #0989 die


3 comments:

Eva said...

I love your stars and your flourish...great take on the challenge!

Laurie said...

Rae Ann I love your card! That flourish is so cute and I LOVE those embossed stars! Thank you so much for playing along!!

Cheryl said...

Great card! It is so hard to make some for the men/boys in our lives and this one is perfect. I love the idea of getting inspiration from the card aisle.