blog template

May 26, 2011

Butterfly Tag

The current challenge at DeNami Design is to use patterned paper in your project.  I love using patterned paper because it can add so much to a project.  This is what I came up with.


I stamped the Fancy Butterfly from DeNami Design on patterned paper three times with VersaMark ink.  I heat embossed them with gold embossing powder and cut them out.  Rather than cut around the antennae, I made new ones out of gold wire.  I made a large tag out of scrap white cardstock and covered it with patterned paper then added the butterflies and trim.

Tag measures 6.5" x 3.5"


6 comments:

Nicki S said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL Rae Ann! Love the soft colors, and the butterflies are so elegant. Great idea to use the gold wire for the antennae!

Andrea M said...

*GASP* Rae Ann…. I am speechless…. WOW! This is BREATHTAKING!!! the butterflies are stunning and the DP is so soft and fabulous! WOWZAS!!! Thanks for playing along with DeNami Design!

Unknown said...

This card makes my heart flutter. Simply STUNNING! Kicking myself in the behind right now, I think I gave this stamp to my mom a few years ago. I might have to snag it up again. SO Glad you joined us for the Patterned Paper Challenge.

Paulina said...

Oh my, how amazing is this tag?! I love how elegant this is, Rae Ann! Seeing the Fancy Butterfly again is making me want to pull mine out!

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami challenge!

Michele Gross said...

This is just beautiful! Love what you've done here! Thanks for playing with us at DeNami Design!

Greta said...

Wonderful, elegant tag!