blog template

May 13, 2011

Flower Trio

Whew!  Now that Blogger has returned to normal and my posts have returned from cyberspace, I can post my entry for the DeNami Design sketch challenge.  I posted it through Flickr, but didn't post all of the details.  The sketch was created by Wendy, one of the fabulous design team members. 


When I created my card, I decided to flip the sketch upside down.


I used the Large Flower Spray and the "hello" stamp from the Assorted Greetings set.  I stamped the flower spray in VersaMark ink and embossed them with Stampin' Up Winter White embossing powder.  The diecut is actually from one of the Stampin' Up label dies, and was given to me by a friend.  I used a white Signo gel pen to create the stitching on the perforation created by cutting the die.  The brad on the bow is also from Stampin' Up.  There are small rhinestones in the center of each of the flowers, but they are really hard to see in the picture.  I also added a bit of detail to the flowers after I colored them with the white gel pen.

Card measures 4.25" x 5.5"
Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls embossing folder
Stampin' Up So Saffron and Really Rust cardstock
Ribbon from my stash


No comments: