blog template

June 20, 2011

DeNami Design Color Challenge

The challenge this time at the DeNami Design Blog is a color challenge.  The talented Andrea chose the color palette.


I really enjoyed working with these colors.  This is what I came up with.


I created the background by spritzing my Birds & Swirls embossing folder with Lavendar Fields and Blue Skies Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels.  I carefully laid a piece of white cardstock in the folder and embossed it.  I matted the background with Concord Crush and Early Espresso cardstock.  I die cut a piece of white cardstock with Spellbinders Labels 1 #2 (#1 is smallest) and embossed it.  Before I popped out the cardstock I stamped the Large Flower Spray from DeNami Design using the die as a mask.  I sponged Crumb Cake ink from Stampin' Up around the edge of the die cut and then matted the image using a Concord Crush mat cut with Spellbinders Labels 1 #3.  I added tiny pearls to the center of each flower.

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"
Button, pearls & ribbon from stash


9 comments:

Paulina said...

Very pretty card, Rae Ann! Your embossed background is beautiful, and those pearl accents were a lovely touch.

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami challenge!

Michele Gross said...

So elegant! Love that big juicy bow! Glad you played at the DeNami challenge :)

Andrea M said...

OH my gosh! So so pretty!!! I agree with Michele -so elegant! Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with DeNami Design!

Lisa Elton said...

Rae Ann this is very pretty...the bow and pearls make a dramatic addition!

Tina M said...

WOW...how georgous! Just amazing :)

Hedgehog Reader said...

What a beautiful card -
and love all of your technique explanations! The water-color appearance of the inking is so lovely, and your bow and pearls really finish the card perfectly! :o)

Greta said...

Beautiful work! I want to try using my Tattered Angels right on the embossing folder--came out great!

Sheryl said...

That background is gorgeous! I haven't been brave enough to spritz my folders, yet.

Lisa Petrella said...

So pretty!! LOVE how you created that background panel! Thanks for playing along in the DeNami Design Color Challenge!