blog template

August 21, 2011

Button, Button...Who's Got the Button?!

The theme for the challenge at Pike's Playground this week is to use buttons.  I saw an awesome button border on Britta Swiderski's blog during a recent blog hop at DeNami Design.  I wanted to try that technique for this challenge.


I used some buttons from my stash that created a monochromatic border.  I colored the image using Prismacolor Premier pencils and blended them with baby oil.

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"
Sentiment-Stampin' Up! Everyday Grettings set
Ribbon & twine from my stash



5 comments:

Rikki Holley said...

Cute card :0)like the colors you used.
Thanks for playing along.
Ri

Gramma said...

I love how you used the buttons on this card... I've never seen that technique before and I kinda like it. Your card is perfect for this challenge. Thanks for joining us at "Pike's Playground" this week.
Hugz,
Gramma

Jane said...

What would summer be without icecream! Thanks for joining us at Pike's Playground ~ Jane

Lelia Pierce said...

This looks awesome and I may need to try this now too! Thanks so much for joining us at Pike's Playground!

XXX

Ginny said...

fab card Thanks for joining us at Pike's Playground