blog template

August 22, 2011

Sweetest Ever!

This month the challenge at DeNami Design is a sketch created by the one and only Nami!


DeNami has changed from having 2 challenges a month to only one each month. I have discovered this causes some extreme procrastination! I made myself sit down and make this card before I had to skid in by the seat of my pants again.


I turned the sketch on it's side and used N133 Polka Dot Background for a tone on tone design.  I used K55 Ice Cream Cone and colored two of the scoops, the cone, and the cherry using Copics.  The other three scoops are pieced using the foil wrapper from a piece of chocolate.  I stamped the image on the foil using StazOn and cut out each of the scoops I wanted to use then glued them to the original stamped image.


Here is a close up of the foil scoops.

Card measures 4.25" x 5.5"
Ribbon & sentiment-Stampin' Up!


5 comments:

Paulina said...

This card is so fun, Rae Ann! I love the glittery ice cream scoops!

So glad you were able to sit down and play along in the DeNami challenge- it wouldn't have been the same without you!

Michele Gross said...

What a fun idea to stamp on foil! LOVE the effect! Glad you joined us at DeNami Sketch Challenge!

Lisa Petrella said...

So clever to repurpose those chocolate wrappers and use them for your ice cream scoops---plus, this seems like a very good excuse to eat even more chocolate! HA!! LOVE your color combo, too!!! Super duper cute card! Thanks for playing along in the DeNami Design Sketch Challenge!

Unknown said...

Wow, foil wrappers --- so creative! Love how they look glittery and yummy. Great job!

Unknown said...

great cards!