blog template

April 24, 2014

A Little Metal...Well Okay...a Lot

Hello everyone!  What a fun challenge at Meljen's Designs this week:  use metal on your project.  It can be a little or a lot!  I decided to go with a lot!


Do you know how hard it is to photograph metal?!  It took me several tries to get a picture that I was happy with.  I used Hot Air Balloon colored with Copic markers and I also used Little Stitched Cloud.  To create the background, I used a piece of craft metal.  It came in a 12 x 12 sheet and I have had it forever, so I am not sure who made it.  I printed Little Stitched Cloud several times in a couple of sizes and cut them out.  I used them as a template to pierce the metal with my Tim Holtz piercing tool.  I also used a larger sized Little Stitched Cloud for the sentiment and a smaller one for the embellishment.  All of the images are popped up with leftover stamp foam for a lot of great dimension.  I found the lace trim at a local antique mall along with some great buttons and other fun embellishments!  You never know what you will find!

I am also going to link this up in the Blitsy Linky Party!  Love that website!  So many great crafty finds!

I can't wait to see how you get creative with your metal embellishments!

Card measures 4.25" x 5.5"
Stampin' Up! Island Indigo Baker's Twine
Stampin' Up! Send Me Soaring stamp set
Basic Grey button
Paper Studio Ribbon Scraps
lace from my stash



2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Really creative use of metal, Rae Ann. Love the clouds... great texture!

Donna said...

Great card, I really like how you did the clouds, it adds such character to your card! I saw it on Meljen's challenge.