blog template

March 6, 2016

Growing Old

I am so excited to share this project with you today.  I had the opportunity to be a guest designer with Quirky Crafts Challenges.  I was a top pick in their January challenge and was invited to design for March.  The challenge theme this month is Quirky Masculine with ribbon or twine.


I used Gus Birthday - Optional from Bugaboo Stamps for this project.  The sentiment comes with the stamp as well.  My design was going to be a little bit different, but I had a terrible incident with my Silhouette.  Somehow my image got moved after I printed it (obviously it was me, but I sure don't know how or why!!) and he got sliced in half!!  I had to fussy cut him instead of having him in an oval.  Thank goodness I was able to save him! I also needed a larger scalloped oval so I used this Silhouette cut file and modified it for my needs.
 Since he feels growing up is optional, I raided my boy papers and totally fell in love with this plaid.  I used the colors of the paper to color him using Copics.  A little twine and a few metal embellishments and he was done!

I hope you will all play along with the challenge this month.  Don't let those masculine cards scare you away!  You can do it!

Pile It On has a green and two other colors challenge (plus at least one other challenge).  Gus is going to motor his car over and play in that challenge.

Southern Girls has a words challenge.  Gus is going to go read all of the other entries in that challenge.

Craftin Desert Divas has a lots of layers linky party.  Gus is going to show off all of his layers at the party.

Craftng With Friends has an anything goes challenge.  Gus wants to visit that challenge and play along.

Catch the Bug has an anything goes challenge.  Gus wants to go visit all of his Bugaboo friends and celebrate.


Card measures 4.25" x 5.5"
Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals - Large
Silhouette cut file Doily Border Frame Oval by Jamie Koay
The Twinery Honeydew twine
TPC Studio Metal embellishments



7 comments:

Lisa Mensing said...

This is so awesome! Thank you for playing along at Craftin Desert Divas Lots of Layers Linky Party. Lisa DT

maria f. said...

Such fun. Love that sentiment.

Cynthia said...

This Gus image always makes me smile! Fun coloring and design, Rae Ann. Thanks for joining the fun at Catch the Bug this week!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

LOL, I love these Bugaboo images, so funny! Love the paper combo you've used and the fussy cutting. Very cool card. Love the sentiment wrapped around the image. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Southern Girls this week. Hope you'll come and play along again soon. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

Saundra said...

Love this image!! Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas! ~Saundra CDD DT

Cazzy said...

Hi Rae Ann, thank you for being a wonderful guest and making this great card for the Quirky Crafts challenge blog. Did I send you a Guest badge? Can't see it so maybe not. Really sorry I will sort that out now!
Hugs,
Cazzy x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

A sweet surprise awaits you over on the Southern Girls blog. Congratulations! Hugs, Wends x SGC DT